*Updated on 11/20/21 with WW Points
I don’t know about you, but the best part of the new WW plan weight watchers best low point chicken recipes if you choose Chicken as one of your 0 Point Foods during your assessment – is that boneless, skinless Chicken and Turkey are still 0 Points.
For all the chicken cooks out there, you know that a few simple ingredients and some skinless chicken breast is an easy way to make a healthy dinner for the whole family on a busy night. Below are 10 delicious healthy chicken breast recipes for weight loss that you must include in your meal plan. They are all easy recipes and are perfect for busy weeknights.
PIN FOR LATER
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING USING THE LINKS BELOW, I WILL RECEIVE A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE FOR RECOMMENDING THE PRODUCT TO YOU. THIS IS ALL AT NO COST TO YOU. THANK YOU IF YOU DO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM AMAZON THAT WAS USED IN MAKING THESE RECIPES.
Healthy Chicken Breast Recipes for weight loss
Slow Cooker Chicken Piccata
This delicious simple recipe for Chicken Piccata or Lemon Chicken (as my son calls it) can’t get any easier than being made in the slow cooker. If this is your first time making this favorite Italian chicken dish, it is fantastic paired with brown rice, zucchini noodles or on it’s own, but you may want a hunk of Italian bread to soak up all that wine sauce.
Related Post: Easy Healthy Instant Pot Dump Dinner Recipes
- ¼ Cup of All Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt/Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
- 2 Pounds of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Butter Flavored Vegetable Cooking Spray
- 2 Tablespoons of Land O'Lakes Whipped Butter
- 1 Cup of Fat Free Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup Each White Wine (Cooking) + Drained, Rinsed Capers
- 4 Fresh Lemons for (1/2 Cup of Juice)
- 2 Tablespoons Each of Cold Water + Cornstarch
- Lemon Slices, Optional for Garnishing
- Fresh Basil or Parsley for Garnishing, Optional
- Place flour, kosher salt & fresh ground pepper in a shallow bowl and mix together. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture. Set aside.
- Spray a saute pan with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add in butter. When melted, brown chicken breasts in batches.
- Put chicken in slow cooker with broth, wine, capers and lemon juice. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken to a platter and cover with aluminum foil. Remove liquid from slow cooker and put into a saucepan. Whisk water and cornstarch together until smooth and add to saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook over high heat until thickened for about 10 minutes. Pour over chicken cutlets and serve.
- This makes 4 servings. For the WW Personal Points Plan, if you chose Chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 3 PP. If you did not choose Chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 8 PP. On the Green Plan, it is 7 Points per serving. On the Blue and Purple Plans, it is 3 SmartPoints per serving. Enjoy!
Quick Stovetop Chicken Cacciatore
Need a healthy meal that tastes like you spent the entire day in the kitchen? Try this Italian rustic chicken and vegetable stew and await the compliments. This quick delicious recipe cuts down the cook time for the all time favorite Chicken Cacciatore recipe (since it’s done on the stovetop) and is the perfect meal anytime of the year.
Related Post: Skinny frozen miami vice cocktail (with smartpoints)
- 1.5 Pounds of Chicken Cutlets, Sliced into 2" Pieces
- 1 Large Onion, Sliced into Strips
- 1 Each Green & Red Pepper, Sliced into 2" Pieces
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Pound of White Mushrooms, Sliced
- 28 oz Can of Tomato Puree Sweetened with 1-2 Teaspoons of 0 SmartPoint Sugar Substitute
- ½ Teaspoon Each of Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Each of Dried Basil & Parsley
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Salt/Black Pepper to Taste
- Chicken Broth, Optional
- Fresh Herbs, Optional
- Spray a large saute pan or large skillet with Vegetable Cooking Spray and place over medium-high heat. Add in onions, peppers and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until slightly softened. You can add in a few tablespoons of chicken broth if vegetables start to stick. Next add in mushrooms and stir to combine all vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomato puree, sugar substitute and all the spices. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken pieces to the saute pan. Brown both sides of the chicken pieces. (About 5 minutes per side). You can add in a few tablespoons of fat free chicken broth to prevent sticking.
- Pour sauce mixture into saute pan. Cover pan and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, garnish with fresh herbs, if using. This makes 4 servings.
- On the WW Personal Points Plan, if you chose Chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 0 PP. If you did not choose Chicken as a 0 Point food, each serving will be 3 PP.
- For the older SmartPoint plan, each serving will be 0 SmartPoints on the Blue and Purple Plans. On the Green Plan, it is 3 SmartPoints per serving.
Skewered Thai Chicken Breasts
This is a super easy chicken recipe to enjoy anytime of the year – not just grilling season. It’s perfect as an appetizer OR as a main meal. .
- 2 Pounds of Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 4 Tablespoons of Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Huy Fong Asian Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Each of Soy Sauce & Truvia Natural Brown Sugar Blend
- Lime wedges
- 8″ Bamboo Skewers
- Combine chicken breast tenders with lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar blend, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce together in bowl.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Start by threading a chicken tender or 2 onto skewers and grill over medium high heat. Turn during cooking to brown evenly.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
- Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
- This recipe serves about 8 people.
- On the WW Personal Points plan, if you chose chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving is 0 PP. If you didn't choose chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 3 PP. It is 0 SmartPoints per serving on the Blue and Purple Plans. On the Green Plan, it is 1 SmartPoint per serving.
Mexican Chicken Burrito Bowl
This is one of my favorite recipes using chicken breast cutlets since it’s a whole meal in a bowl. It’s one of my favorite healthy recipes to meal prep on a Sunday for lunch through the week.
- 2 Pounds of Skinless Chicken Breast Cutlets
- 1 Teaspoon Each of Dried Oregano, Cumin, Cilantro
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced
- Additional Ingredients to Build Bowls:: (Canned Black Beans, Corn, Cooked Cauliflower Rice, Salsa, Chopped Tomatoes, Salad Greens, Red/Green Pepper)
- In a food processor, combine garlic, onion and spices. Mix until combined. Place in a plastic bag with chicken cutlets (skinless). Also add in salt/pepper to taste. Make sure chicken is coated well. Let marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill and cook chicken until browned and cooked through on both sides. Slice chicken cutlets. Add onion slices and grill as well.
- To build your burrito bowls: add in cooked cauliflower rice, corn, canned black beans (drained and rinsed), salsa, chopped tomatoes, chopped red/green pepper, salad greens (my favorite), Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt, lime juice. Top with chicken slices.
- This makes 4 Servings. On the WW Personal Plan, if you chose chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving is 0 PP. If you did not choose chicken as a 0 Point food, each serving will be 4 PP.
- Each serving will be 0 SmartPoints on the Blue and Purple Plans On the Green Plan, it's 5 SmartPoints per serving. SmartPoints does not include additional ingredients to build bowls. Enjoy!
Healthy Cheesy Chicken Manicotti
Is there anything better than manicotti pasta shells stuffed with cheeses and juicy chicken breast that gets topped off with an Italian meat sauce? If all those ingredients sound fantastic to you, then make this healthy Cheesy Chicken Manicotti recipe soon. If you make the Slow Cooker Italian Meat Gravy beforehand, this recipe can be put together in 1 hour or less.
- 12 Manicotti Shells
- 1 Recipe of 0 Point Slow Cooker Italian Meat Gravy
- 2 Cups of Chopped Cooked Chicken Breast
- 1¼ Cups of Kraft Fat Free Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- 1.5 Cups of Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- ¼ Cup of Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Each of Dried Basil, Dried Oregano
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt/Pepper
- Cook manicotti shells according to the package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine chicken, ½ of the mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and spices.
- Using a small spoon, fill each manicotti shell with about ¼ cup of the filling. Spread 1 cup of the Italian Meat Gravy in the bottom of a 3 quart baking dish. Arrange filled shells in the dish and pour extra sauce to cover the manicotti on the top. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Let stand covered for 10 minutes before serving.
- On the WW Personal Points Plan, if you chose Chicken and Cottage Cheese as 0 Point Foods, each serving will be 6 PP. If you did not choose Chicken or Fat Free Cottage Cheese as 0 Point Foods, each serving will be 8 PP. If you chose Chicken only as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 7 PP. With ONLY Fat Free Cottage Cheese as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 7 PP.
- This serves 6 people at 5 SmartPoints per serving on the Blue Plan, 8 SmartPoints on the Green Plan and 4 SmartPoints on the Purple Plan. Enjoy!
- *You can substitute your favorite 0 Point Tomato Sauce instead of the Italian Meat Gravy if it's too much meat for you along with the chicken in the recipe.
Easy Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breast and Vegetable Dinner
Now that nights are going to be a bit busier, here is an Easy Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breast and Vegetables Dinner. This Weight Watchers meal is easy to prep, quick to bake and only one pan to clean! I like that. This sheet pan dinner is easy to make into a Mexican, Italian, Indian or Greek flavored dinner too. Simply adjust the spices you use to flavor the chicken and vegetables. Below are some spice/herb suggestions to use if you want to switch it up.
- 2 Pounds of Potatoes, Cut into ¾" pieces
- 1 Pint of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 1-2 Zucchini, Sliced into Spears
- Bag of Carrots, Sliced into Spears
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pound of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cutlets
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Fresh Parsley Leaves, Optional
- 1 (or more to taste) Teaspoon of Any Combination of Herbs/Spices
- Mexican ⇒ Chipotle Powder, Cilantro, Chili Powder, Mexican Oregano, Cumin
- Italian ⇒ Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Parsley, Marjoram
- Indian ⇒ Ground Turmeric, Curry Powder, Ground Coriander
- Greek ⇒ Oregano, Mint, Garlic, Dill, Fennel Seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all vegetables, ½ of your mixture of herbs/spices of your choice and olive oil. Toss to coat well.
- Spray a large baking sheet pan with Olive Oil Cooking Spray. Transfer vegetables to the sheet pan. Spray tops of vegetables with Olive Oil Cooking Spray as well.
- Add chicken cutlets to the baking sheet pan and sprinkle with remaining herb mixture.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted into the cutlets read 170-175 degrees and the vegetables are tender - about 40 minutes.
- This makes 4 servings and this recipe can easily be doubled. For the WW Personal Points Plan, if you chose Chicken and Potatoes as 0 Point Foods, each serving will be 1 PP. If you did not choose Chicken or Potatoes as 0 Point Foods, each serving will be 9 PP. Choosing ONLY Chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 6 PP. Per serving with ONLY Potatoes as a 0 Point Food, each serving is 3 PP.
- On the Blue Plan, this is 7 SP per serving. For the Green Plan, it's 9 SP per serving and on Purple it's 1 SP per serving. Enjoy!
Healthy Chicken Breasts in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
I am always on the lookout for a new healthy chicken breast recipe geared towards weight loss that fits into my WW Plan and this one is to die for! So creamy and delicious and it uses simple ingredients that you may have on hand right now to make this recipe for Chicken Breasts in Creamy Mushroom Sauce.
Related Post: Healthy Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe
- 2 Pounds of Boneless Chicken Cutlets
- ½ Teaspoon of Ground Sage
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil
- Large Can of Sliced Mushrooms or 2 Small Cans, Drained
- ½ Cup of Fat Free Sour Cream
- Tablespoon of All Purpose Flour
- Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- ½ Cup of White Cooking Wine
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, Optional
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- *If the chicken breasts are thick, pound them until thinner and make sure all breasts are the same size. Now sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste and add the sage to them as well.
- Spray a skillet with vegetable cooking spray and place over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add oil. Swirl the pan to coat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook until brown. About 5 minutes per side.
- Spray a glass baking dish with vegetable cooking spray and add in the chicken. Add drained mushrooms onto the top of the breasts evenly.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, Dijon mustard and sour cream.
- Add the white cooking wine to the skillet and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add in the flour mixture. Add parsley, black pepper and salt (if using) and blend well. Pour over the chicken breasts.
- Bake uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbly - about 25 minutes.
- Per serving on the WW Personal Points Plan, if you chose Chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 3 PP. If you did not choose Chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 7 PP.
- Each serving is only 2 SmartPoints on Weight Watchers Blue and Purple Plans. On Weight Watchers Green Plan, it is 6 SmartPoints per serving. Enjoy!
Better Than P F Chang’s Loaded Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I don’t know about you but I love lettuce wraps loaded with chicken breast. I always get them when we go to P.F. Chang’s and they are super simple to make at home too. Today I am sharing with you all my Weight Watchers Loaded Chicken Lettuce Cups recipe. .
- 1.5 Pounds of Cooked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1 Can of Water Chestnuts, Drained & Diced
- ¾ Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Each of Rice Wine Vinegar + Soy Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Each of Onion & Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup of Shredded Carrots
- ½ Cup of Sliced Green Onions
- 12 Bibb, Boston Lettuce or Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 2 Teaspoons of Sesame Seeds
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Spray a large saute pan generously with vegetable cooking spray and place over medium high heat. When pan is hot add in cooked chicken chunks. Stir for about 3 minutes to brown. Add in water chestnuts and ginger. Reduce heat to low and continue to Step 2.
- In a separate bowl, combine rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. Add in onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and combine well.
- Pour into pan and stir to combine.
- Add in carrots, green onions and sesame seeds. Cook while stirring for 5 minutes or until mixture is warmed through.
- Spoon mixture onto lettuce leaves.
- This makes 4 servings (3 Lettuce Cups per serving) and if you are on the WW Personal Points Plan and chose Chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving is 0 PP. If you did not choose Chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 5 PP.
- On the older plan, each serving is 0 SmartPoints on the Blue and Purple Plans. Per serving on the Green Plan, it's 4 SmartPoints per serving. Enjoy!
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
Use leftover shredded skinless chicken breast cutlets (or cubed) or store bought rotisserie chicken (skinless) to make this quick version of the classic comfort food recipe for Chicken Pot Pie. Who says Chicken Pot Pie isn’t healthy for you when you combine healthy chicken cutlets and vegetables together in a fat free creamy chicken flavored sauce to enjoy this Weight Watchers friendly comfort food meal?
Related Post: flourless oatmeal banana chocolate chip muffins
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 Carrots, Chopped into Bite Size Pieces
- 1 Cup of Frozen Peas, Thawed
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Parsley, Chopped or 1 Tablespoon of Dried
- ¼ Teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- 2 Cups of Fat Free Chicken Broth
- ¼ Cup of All Purpose Flour
- ⅔ Cup of Fat Free Half & Half
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- 3 Cups of Shredded or Cubed Cooked Chicken Breast or Rotisserie Chicken (Skin Removed)
- 12 Ounce Can of Pillsbury Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits (Use 8 Biscuits)
- Butter Flavored Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet generously with butter flavored cooking spray and put over medium heat. When hot, add in onion and the carrots. Saute for about 15 minutes or until the onions are translucent. If they start to stick, add a few droplets of water.
- Add in the peas, garlic, parsley, thyme and flour and cook for 5 minutes making sure to coat the vegetables with flour.
- Add the chicken broth and half and half and cook over low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper and add in the cooked chicken.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with the vegetable cooking spray. Add the entire chicken mixture. Arrange 8 biscuits on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are browned.
- This makes 4 servings with 2 Biscuits + Pot Pie Filling divided evenly per person. Per serving on the WW Personal Points Plan, if you chose Chicken and Peas as 0 Point Foods, each serving will be 5 PP. If you did not choose chicken, each serving will be 9 PP. Choosing Peas only as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 8 PP. If you chose Chicken ONLY as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 6 PP.
- On Weight Watchers Blue and Purple Plan each serving is 6 SP and on the Green Plan, it is 9 SP per serving.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
I love the 2 Ingredient Dough recipe for making pizza crust. But this Easy Cauliflower Crust Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe gives 2 Ingredient Dough a run for its money. Forget about buying those expensive SMALL cauliflower pizza crusts. Make this homemade cauliflower pizza crust. It’s so easy.
- Large Head of Cauliflower - Stem & Leaves Removed
- ¾ Cup of Kraft Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ Cup of Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Teaspoon Each of Oregano, Salt & Garlic Powder
- 2 Eggs, Beaten Lightly
- 1 Cup of G. Hughes Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Cups of Sliced or Chunked Cooked Skinless Chicken Breast
- Fresh Herbs to Garnish, Optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a pizza baking stone or parchment lined baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes to heat.
- Break the cauliflower florets up and put them into a food processor and process until fine.
- Transfer to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. You can also use a steamer basket and steam the rice. Set aside to cool. Whichever method you use, get a clean lint free kitchen towel and put the cooked cauliflower rice onto it and wring out the extra water.
- In a large bowl, add the riced cauliflower and remaining ingredients.
- Remove the pan or baking stone from the oven and spread the cauliflower mixture into a circle that resembles a pizza crust. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the remaining ingredients.
- Start with spreading the crust with the G. Hughes Barbecue Sauce.
- Add the cooked chicken on top of the barbecue sauce.
- Return to the oven for 5-8 minutes to heat through. Garnish with fresh herbs, if using.
- This makes 6 slices/servings. Per serving on the WW Personal Points Plan, if you chose Chicken and Eggs as 0 Point Foods, each serving will be 1 PP. If you did not choose Chicken or Eggs as 0 Point Foods, each serving will be 3 PP. Choosing ONLY Chicken as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 2 PP. If you chose only Eggs as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 3 PP.
- On the Blue and Purple Plans, it is 1 SP per serving. On the Green Plan, it is 3 SP per serving.
How to Save Money making these healthy chicken breast recipes to lose weight
Since meat prices are going up all over lately, you can save money at your local grocery store by passing up the labeled chicken cutlets and instead purchasing whole chicken breasts (known as split chicken breasts) and deboning the large chicken breast. Here’s a quick video showing you 3 ways to debone a chicken breast.
Also, if you have large chicken breasts, it’s easy to thin chicken breast out to make a super easy 0 SmartPoint skillet chicken recipe with a simple pan sauce and pair it with a side of roasted veggies or zucchini noodles. If chicken cutlet recipes call for thin cutlets, simply use a meat mallet and pound the top of the chicken in between wax paper or parchment paper to flatten the piece of chicken breast. Actually my new favorite way to thin a chicken breast is to put the chicken pieces (in a single layer) into a large zip-top bag and pound with the mallet. Also, if you do not have a mallet, simply use a heavy skillet for flattening the chicken breast.
I hope you add these 10 Delicious Healthy Chicken Breast Recipes to your meal plan soon. Let me know your family’s favorite!