Updated with WW Personal Points on 6/29/22
Who doesn’t love Salisbury Steak? I know I do! And I came up with a healthy Turkey Salisbury Steak recipe that is smothered in Mushroom Gravy. This absolutely will make its way into my weekly meal plan quite often since we all love it. I promise you this has the same fantastic taste as Salisbury Steak made with ground beef, but you save a lot of calories and Points using ground turkey breast.
And the one thing that I always love the most – I can make the “steaks” up early in the week and keep them in the refrigerator until I’m ready for dinner OR I can make them and freeze them until we are ready to enjoy Healthy Turkey Salisbury Steak.
PIN FOR LATER
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING USING THE LINKS BELOW, I WILL RECEIVE A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE FOR RECOMMENDING THE PRODUCT TO YOU. THIS IS ALL AT NO COST TO YOU. THANK YOU IF YOU DO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM AMAZON THAT WAS USED IN MAKING THESE RECIPES.
Here’s what to serve with Healthy Turkey Salisbury Steak Smothered in Mushroom Gravy:
- Healthy Orzo Pasta Salad
- Black Bean Confetti Quinoa Salad
- Creamy Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto
- Gooey & Cheesy Cauliflower Broccoli Casserole
- 2 Pounds of Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ⅓ Cup of Whole Wheat Panko Crumbs
- 1 Small Chopped Red, White or Yellow Onion
- 1 Tablespoon of G Hughes Sugar Free Ketchup
- 2 Teaspoons of Kitchen Bouquet Browning & Seasoning Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Each of Garlic Powder + Dried Parsley
- Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 Jars Heinz Fat Free Beef Gravy (12 oz or larger)
- 1½ Tablespoons of G Hughes Sugar Free Ketchup
- 1 Pound of Mushrooms, Sliced
- Medium Onion, Sliced
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together omitting the gravy ingredients and olive oil. Form meat mixture into 8 oval patties.
- Place olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add patties and brown them on both sides. Remove and place into a 13 x 9 dish that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray. The patties are not cooked through yet, but will finish cooking in the oven.
- Spray the same saute pan with cooking spray over high heat leaving any leftover browned bits from the patties. When hot add sliced mushrooms and onions and saute. If they start to stick, add a few droplets of water to keep from sticking.
- When the mushrooms and onions begin to soften and brown, reduce heat and add the gravy and ketchup.
- Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cook for 1 minute and pour gravy mixture over patties in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- This makes 4 servings (2 patties each). On the WW Personal Points Plan, if you chose Turkey Breast and Egg as 0 Point Foods, each serving is 4 PP and you earn 1 PP for eating non starchy vegetables. So it's basically 3 PP per serving.
- If you did not chose Egg as a 0 Point Food, each serving is still 4 PP + 1 PP earned back for eating the vegetables included in the recipe. If you did not chose Egg or Turkey Breast as 0 Point Foods, each serving is 7 PP with 1 PP earned back..
- On the Weight Watchers Blue Plan, it is 4 SP per serving. On the Green Plan, it is 8 SP per serving and on the WW Purple Plan, it is 4SP per serving.
I would be willing to bet you may have all the ingredients to make these Healthy Turkey Salisbury Steaks Smothered in Mushroom Gravy tonight. And remember, they freeze well too!