This Skinny Frozen Miami Vice Cocktail is the perfect cocktail to celebrate the end of summer this Labor Day weekend. This delicious, fruity frozen concoction is basically Florida in a glass. It reminds me of sandy beaches, swaying palm trees, and it’s the perfect cocktail to enjoy on a hot summer day.
Rather than being just a single recipe, the Frozen Miami Vice is a layered combination of my other two favorite beachy cocktails: a delicious Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri and Frozen Pina Colada. Recipes for these are included below too!
PIN FOR LATER
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING USING THE LINKS BELOW, I WILL RECEIVE A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE FOR RECOMMENDING THE PRODUCT TO YOU. THIS IS ALL AT NO COST TO YOU. THANK YOU IF YOU DO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM AMAZON THAT WAS USED IN MAKING THESE RECIPES.
Thai Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk
Lakanto Sugar Free Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
how to make a skinny Frozen Miami Vice cocktail
- 1 Recipe of Frozen Pina Colada
- 1 Recipe of Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- Prepare a batch of Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris and transfer briefly to the freezer. Recipe is below for the Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris.
- Rinse blender thoroughly, then prepare a batch of Frozen Pina Coladas. Recipe is below for the Frozen Pina Coladas too.
- Fill each hurricane glass approximately ¼ full with the Strawberry Daiquiri mixture and top it off with a layer of the Pina Colada mixture until the glass is half full.
- Repeat this process one more time and garnish with fresh strawberries and/or a wedge of fresh pineapple before serving. Enjoy!
- Layering Tip: After adding the first layer, slowly pour each subsequent layer over the back of a large spoon. This will help create distinct layers, while the bright red from the strawberries slowly wicks into the lighter Pina Colada to create beautiful patterns.
- This makes 4 Hurricane Glasses of frosty deliciousness. Each Frozen Miami Vice is 4 SP per serving on all WW Plans. Enjoy!
How to Make a Frozen Miami Vice mocktail
Use the Mocktail versions of the Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri and Frozen Pina Colada that are featured below in this blog post. Kids will love it!
How to Make a skinny Frozen Pina Colada
Many Pina Colada recipes call for cream of coconut, which is a sweetened version of coconut cream and is loaded with calories. In this recipe, I use a refined sugar-free version that uses the rich coconut cream found on the top of a can of unsweetened coconut milk. I also make a simple syrup using powdered monkfruit in place of sugar. Using the powdered monkfruit provides the perfect touch of sweetness to balance out the other flavors.
Note: Simple syrup is normally prepared using a 1:1 ratio of sugar to water. You can make a lighter version by using powdered monkfruit in place of sugar; however, in this recipe I use a 1:2 ratio (one-part powdered monkfruit to two-parts water) because the pineapple is already sweet.
RELATED: Weight Watchers Skinny Cocktails – Sangria & Margaritas
- ¼ c. Lakanto Sugar Free Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- ½ c. Water
- 2 Cups of Fresh, Frozen or Canned Pineapple Chunks (For best results, use fresh pineapple that has been cut into chunks and frozen prior to blending)
- 8 Ounces of Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- ⅓ Cup Thai Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 4 Ounces of Light Rum
- 6-8 Ice Cubes
- Prepare the simple syrup by combining the powdered monkfruit sweetener and water in a small skillet. Stir to combine and heat until the sweetener dissolves completely, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the frozen pineapple, pineapple juice, coconut cream, rum, and one-quarter cup simple syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- While the blender is still running, add the ice a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Turn blender off and remove lid. Taste and add additional simple syrup, if desired, and blend for another 30 seconds to combine.
- To serve, pour into glasses and serve immediately garnished with fresh pineapple slices. Enjoy!
- This makes 2 servings in Hurricane Glasses and is 12 SP on all WW Plans.
How to Make a Frozen Pina Colada Mocktail
Omit the rum and replace with 1 oz. coconut cream and 3 oz. pineapple juice before blending.
How to Make a skinny Strawberry Daiquiri
This fresh and fruity homemade daiquiri recipe eliminates the need for sugary prepared mixes full of artificial colors and flavors. With just a handful of ingredients and your blender, you’ll be sipping a delicious skinny frozen strawberry daiquiri in no time flat.
- ¼ Cup of Lakanto Sugar Free Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- ½ Cup Water
- 2½ Cups of Fresh Strawberries, hulled
- ¼ Cup of Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 Ounces of Light Rum
- 6-8 Large Ice Cubes
- Garnish: Fresh Strawberries
- Prepare the simple syrup by combining the monkfruit sweetener and water in a small skillet. Stir to combine and heat until the sweetener dissolves completely, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the strawberries, lime juice, rum, and one-quarter cup simple syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- While the blender is still running, add the ice a little at a time until thoroughly combined. Turn blender off and remove lid. Taste and add additional simple syrup, if desired, and blend for another 30 seconds to combine.
- This makes 2 Hurricane Glasses of frozen deliciousness at 5 SP on all Weight Watchers Plans. Enjoy!
- To serve, pour into glasses and serve immediately garnished with strawberries. Enjoy!
How to Make a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri mocktail
Omit the rum and replace with one-quarter cup water.
I hope you make this Skinny Frozen Miami Vice Cocktail this coming holiday weekend. Your guests will thank you for it!