Here is THE BEST Weight Watchers inspired breakfast muffin ever made. These Flourless Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are da bomb. And if you follow the myWW Purple Plan, they are 0 SmartPoints! If you follow the myWW Blue Plan, one muffin is only 1 SmartPoint and if you are a Green Plan follower, they are still only 2 SmartPoints per muffin.
If you have a gluten sensitivity OR have celiac disease, you can still enjoy these fantastic flourless muffins because you are using oatmeal instead of all purpose flour. Simply process the rolled oats in your handy dandy food processor or blender. Since I do not have a sensitivity to gluten, I use regular rolled oats and just process them. However if you DO have any issues with gluten, I’d be safe and buy oats that are specifically labeled “gluten free”. Below I will link gluten free oatmeal flour if your local grocery store doesn’t carry this type.
PIN FOR LATER
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING USING THE LINKS BELOW, I WILL RECEIVE A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE FOR RECOMMENDING THE PRODUCT TO YOU. THIS IS ALL AT NO COST TO YOU. THANK YOU IF YOU DO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM AMAZON THAT WAS USED IN MAKING THESE RECIPES.
flourless oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins + Gluten Free
- 2 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Each of Baking Powder + Salt
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas (Mashed)
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ⅛ Cup of Nature's Hollow Honey Substitute
- 1 Teaspoon Each of Ground Cinnamon & Vanilla (or Almond) Extract
- Cooking Spray
- Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips (13 in each muffin cup)
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse oats in a blender until finely ground.
- In a bowl add the oats and all ingredients (except the Lily's Chocolate Chips) and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 12 muffin wells. Place 13 Lily's Chocolate Chips into each muffin well.
- Bake for 15 minutes. If after inserting a toothpick into the center of the muffin comes up clean, your muffins are done. If batter is on the toothpick, reduce the temperature to 325 degrees and continue baking at 2 minute intervals.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a rack for continued cooling.
- Each muffin is 1 Smartpoint on the Blue Plan, 2 SmartPoints each on the Green Plan and 0 SmartPoints on the Purple Plan. Also, you can use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray for 0 Points, and up to 1.5 Tablespoons of any Smuckers Sugar Free Preserves Spread for 0 points too. Enjoy!
Want more Weight Watchers breakfast recipes?
Lastly, this gluten free, flourless Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe can also be made using a 6 cup muffin pan. If you do this the Weight Watchers Purple Plan SmartPoint value remains at 0 SP, it will be 2 SP per muffin on the Blue Plan and 4 SP on the Green Plan. YUM!