Just because we are eating healthy and trying to lose weight, doesn’t mean we have to miss out on the decadence of carrot cake. Right? This healthy and delicious Carrot Cake Smoothie tastes more like a slice of Carrot Cake rather than a nutritious way to start your day or as a pick me up after exercise. With the natural sweetness of the orange, pineapple, banana and carrots along with a trio of complementary spices, your taste buds will think you just had a huge slice of carrot cake. The coconut milk whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon are the perfect finishing touch.
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING USING THE LINKS BELOW, I WILL RECEIVE A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE FOR RECOMMENDING THE PRODUCT TO YOU. THIS IS ALL AT NO COST TO YOU. THANK YOU IF YOU DO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM AMAZON THAT WAS USED IN MAKING THESE RECIPES.
PIN FOR LATER
Healthy & Delicious Carrot Cake Smoothie + Weight Watchers Friendly
- 1 Cup of Thai Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Large Banana, Frozen and Chunked
- Cup of Pineapple Chunks, Frozen
- 2 Large Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- 1 Large Orange, Seeded & Peeled
- 4 Large Carrots, Peeled & Grated
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ Teaspoon of Ground Allspice
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- 6 Ice Cubes
- Reddi-wip Non-Dairy Made with Coconut Milk Vegan Whipped Topping
- Optional Garnish:
- Ground Cinnamon
- Chill coconut milk in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Add the coconut milk, frozen banana and pineapple to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, around 30 seconds.
- Add celery, orange, carrots, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ice cubes. Blend on high speed until completely combined and creamy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with 2 Tablespoons of Reddi Whip Coconut Milk Whipped Topping per glass and a dash of cinnamon if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- This makes 2 servings at 4 SmartPoints per serving on all WW Plans.
Want to make this Smoothie even healthier?
Here are some add-ins that will make your smoothie even more nutritious:
- If you like a really thick smoothie that you have to eat with a spoon rather than sip through a straw, add in about 1/3 cup of oats (not steel cut) to the recipe.
- If you are an avocado lover, jump on the avocado bandwagon and add up to a 1/2 of an avocado to the recipe. Doing so will make the smoothie even creamier and thicker. Plus you’ll be getting the benefits of all those healthy fats that avocados are known for. Not sure how to pick a ripe avocado? Here’s some tips on how to pick the ripest avocado. On a side note, I just recently found frozen avocado chunks in a resealable bag at my local supermarket.
- Do you love the taste of vanilla like I do, and want to add even more protein and nutritional benefits to your smoothie? Try this: Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder Nutritional Booster. This Vanilla Powder is loaded with probiotics, chia seeds, and psyllium (great source of fiber).
- Want to sneak some vegetables into your kid’s diet? Try adding a bunch of fresh spinach to the blender. I promise they’ll never notice.
What’s the best way to prep make-ahead smoothies?
- To me, I find it annoying to drag everything out for 1 or 2 smoothies. Being prepared is best for weight loss when you don’t have to “think” about having something healthy and staying on track. The answer for me is to prepare make-ahead smoothies. My favorite way is to make a few batches and store the Carrot Cake Smoothies in the freezer in these mason jars with colorful plastic caps. They keep for up to 3 months and believe me, they won’t last that long.
- Quick tip – if you plan to freeze your smoothies, don’t add spinach or any greens to the recipe. Doing so will make the smoothie turn dark in color.
I hope you enjoy this Carrot Cake Smoothie as much as we do. Your kids will love it too – just don’t forget to sneak some greens into their smoothie. Enjoy!
- Fantastic Weight Watchers Drink Recipes – Mocktails, Iced Teas, Punches & More
- Weight Watchers CopyCat Starbucks Drinks
- Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Spice Latte Made Healthier