Updated with WW Personal Points on 11/21/21
Here’s the perfect quick comfort food recipe that is healthy, Weight Watchers friendly and a classic favorite: Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits. Even better, this is a healthy version of Chicken Pot Pie that has all the shortcuts so you can get it on the table quickly for a weeknight meal.
How to Make HEALTHY Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits recipe
Use leftover shredded skinless chicken breast (or cubed) or store bought rotisserie chicken (skinless) to make this quick version of the classic comfort food recipe for Chicken Pot Pie. Who says Chicken Pot Pie isn’t healthy for you when you use white meat chicken and healthy vegetables together in a fat free creamy chicken flavored sauce to enjoy this Weight Watchers friendly comfort food meal?
PIN FOR LATER ⇓
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 Carrots, Chopped into Bite Size Pieces
- 1 Cup of Frozen Peas, Thawed
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Parsley, Chopped or 1 Tablespoon of Dried
- ¼ Teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- 2 Cups of Fat Free Chicken Broth
- ¼ Cup of All Purpose Flour
- ⅔ Cup of Fat Free Half & Half
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- 3 Cups of Shredded or Cubed Cooked Chicken Breast or Rotisserie Chicken (Skin Removed)
- 12 Ounce Can of Pillsbury Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits (Use 8 Biscuits)
- Butter Flavored Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet generously with butter flavored cooking spray and put over medium heat. When hot, add in onion and the carrots. Saute for about 15 minutes or until the onions are translucent. If they start to stick, add a few droplets of water.
- Add in the peas, garlic, parsley, thyme and flour and cook for 5 minutes making sure to coat the vegetables with flour.
- Add the chicken broth and half and half and cook over low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper and add in the cooked chicken.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with the vegetable cooking spray. Add the entire chicken mixture. Arrange 8 biscuits on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are browned.
- Per serving on the WW Personal Points Plan, if you chose Chicken and Peas as 0 Point Foods, each serving will be 5 PP. If you did not choose chicken, each serving will be 9 PP. Choosing Peas only as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 8 PP. If you chose Chicken ONLY as a 0 Point Food, each serving will be 6 PP.
- This makes 4 servings with 2 Biscuits + Pot Pie Filling divided evenly per person. On Weight Watchers Blue and Purple Plan each serving is 6 SP and on the Green Plan, it is 9 SP per serving.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUITS?
- Delicious Green Salad
- Baked Sweet Potato
- Corn on the Cob
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
- Pasta Salad
- Crudites with Creamy Dreamy 0 SmartPoint Hummus
- Fruit Salad
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Healthy Air Fried Eggplant