Lascivious Lemon Buns Recipe
Gooey. Lemony. Doesn’t that sound delicious? If you are a lemon lover get ready for some sweet doughy goodness? Try this delicious Lascivious Lemon Buns recipe. These will be perfect for Christmas Morning. Even better, you can make the dough up to a day ahead and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
Lascivious Lemon Buns Recipe (Bread Machine)
Below is the printable version of making the dough for this recipe in my bread machine. I will also include the mixer method recipe below too. If you want to die and go to doughy bun heaven, make sure you make this recipe.
- Sweet Dough Recipe:
- ⅔ cup of whole milk, warmed to 110 degrees
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons of room temperature unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 cups of flour
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- Lemon Filling:
- 1½ to 2 Jars of Lemon Curd (I use Dickinson)
- Extra Ingredients:
- Butter to grease pan
- Confectioner's Sugar for Dusting
- Heat milk in pan on stove until it reaches about 110 degrees.
- Put milk, butter and beaten egg in bread machine. Stirring to make sure egg doesn't curdle.
- Put the rest of the dry ingredients into bread pan ending with yeast on top.
- Start bread machine on dough setting.
- When dough is completed, remove and place in bowl sprayed with vegetable spray to rise in a warm place. Place plastic wrap on top that is sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Let rise for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Grease a 13x9 inch dish with butter.
- Flour working surface and roll dough into a rectangle that is approximately 15x12 inches and about ½ inch thick.
- Spread lemon curd all over dough evenly. Stop spreading about ½ inch from end of dough.
- Roll dough up starting with the long side of dough. Some curd may ooze out - that's normal.
- Using a sharp knife, cut dough into about 8 rolls.
- Pinch ends together once you cut the buns and place in baking dish.
- Leave some space between each roll.
- Cover rolls again with plastic wrap sprayed with vegetable spray and let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove wrap off buns put any extra curd in the center of each bun.
- Bake buns until golden in color (not too dark) about 30 minutes. Cool for about 15 minutes in the pan.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and serve warm.
Lascivious Lemon Buns Recipe (Mixer Method)
Heat milk in a small saucepan until it reaches about 110°. Transfer milk to a bowl or measuring cup and stir in 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Sprinkle yeast over the milk and whisk together. Let the milk sit until it begins to foam – about 5 minutes. Add egg and whisk it all together thoroughly.
Combine the last 4 tablespoons of sugar, flour, and Kosher salt in the bowl of your mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the milk mixture to flour mixture. Turn mixer on slow and add the butter slowly and blending well between every few pieces. Turn mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Then, knead dough mixture on medium-high speed until dough is soft and mixed thoroughly. This will take about 5 minutes.
Remove dough and place in a bowl that has been sprayed with vegetable spray. Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed as well.
Let dough rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size. At least 1 hour. Once risen, follow the instructions above for completing the recipe.
If you plan on preparing this dough a day ahead using either method, you can cover the dough with plastic and refrigerate after mixing dough. Then complete recipe the next day and allow for second rise.
Lascivious Lemon Buns Recipe Making Process
If you want a delicious bread recipe to enjoy with your dinner, try this recipe for Squishy White Bread. Enjoy!