THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING USING THE LINKS BELOW, I WILL RECEIVE A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE FOR RECOMMENDING THE PRODUCT TO YOU. THIS IS ALL AT NO COST TO YOU. THANK YOU IF YOU DO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM AMAZON THAT WAS USED IN MAKING THESE RECIPES.
At this time of year, all I can think about is soup. And when I say soup, I mean a thick creamy chowder like soup.
Truth be told, I am in love with Panera Bread’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Seriously, there should be a program available for me to break the addiction. So in an effort to not omit any of my favorite recipes from my healthy new way of eating, I decided to do something about this addiction.
Actually, I hesitate to call this a soup – it’s more of a bisque. It is so thick, creamy and cheesy and way lower in calories (but not taste) than Panera Bread’s. I love it and I think you will be a convert too.
Below is my Copycat Recipe of Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup Made Healthy. It is so delicious and 1 serving is only 5 Points on WW (Weight Watchers)!
For Followers of Weight Watchers (WW):
When I display the WW Points for all of my recipes, I only use the Weight Watchers recipe builder to calculate points. The plugin I utilize for making the recipes printable for you all, does NOT take into consideration all the 0 Point foods that WW is now using with the latest WW Plan (11/2022). The WW recipe builder does recognize 0 Point Foods and includes the nutrition information of these foods (such as Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates, etc.) when calculating the overall Points value per serving in the recipe.
PIN FOR LATER ⇓
Copycat Recipe of Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup Made Healthy!
- 1 Tbsp Land O Lakes Light Whipped Butter
- 1 Small Onion, Diced Small
- 3 Stalks Celery, Diced Small
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Land O Lakes Light Whipped Butter, Melted
- 1/4 Cup White All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup 1% Milk
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- 2 Cups Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 3 Cups Fresh Broccoli, Chopped Small
- 2 Cups Kraft Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- Dash Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Melt the tablespoon of whipped butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in onion and celery. Saute for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Whisk the remaining butter and flour together in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook while stirring for 3 minutes. Whisk in the skim and 1% milk along with the chicken broth. Reduce and simmer on low for 15 minutes, while stirring.
- Add in broccoli florets, onion and celery mixture and the carrots. Continue cooking over low heat for 20 minutes. Add in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Remove 1 cup of the soup and puree in a blender or just use an immersion blender. Return it to the saucepan. Stir in the cheese until it is completely melted.
- This makes 6 (1 cup servings) at 5 WW (Weight Watchers) Points. Enjoy! You can garnish with up to 1/4 Cup of Kraft Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese to keep the points the same.
I hope you enjoy my recipe for Copycat Recipe of Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup Made Healthy and try it soon. Let me know how you like it in the comments if you decide to make it.