I love eggs for breakfast. What I love even more is that eggs are 0 Points on Weight Watchers. That leaves lots of possibilities of experimenting in the kitchen and coming up with super low WW Point dishes.
One of my favorites is this 0 Point Weight Watchers Rustic Breakfast of Eggs in Purgatory (Shakshuka) AND it’s 0 Points. Yay!
Most people call this dish Shakshuka, but in our family we call it Eggs in Purgatory. Eggs in Purgatory is basically soft cooked (poached) eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce. Another great thing about this recipe is it’s a one pan breakfast dish.
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING USING THE LINKS BELOW, I WILL RECEIVE A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE FOR RECOMMENDING THE PRODUCT TO YOU. THIS IS ALL AT NO COST TO YOU. THANK YOU IF YOU DO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM AMAZON THAT WAS USED IN MAKING THESE RECIPES.
PIN FOR LATER
0 Point Weight Watchers Rustic Breakfast – Eggs in Purgatory (Shakshuka)
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped Fine
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- ½ Teaspoon Each of Dried Parsley & Basil
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes (28 oz), Crushed by hand
- 3 Large Eggs
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Handful of Diced Green Onion, Optional
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Tabasco Sauce, Optional
- Spray a medium ovenproof pan with cooking spray. Saute the onion and garlic along with the dried parsley and basil over medium heat. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for about 3 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Preheat oven to 350. Stir hand crushed tomatoes with juices into skillet. Reduce heat to a low simmer and stir until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens. This takes about 15 minutes.
- Using back of a spoon, make 3 "wells" in the sauce and crack eggs into each well. Using a rubber spatula run edge of spatula through the egg whites to break them slightly to help them set. Do not break the egg yolks though.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for about 5 minutes until eggs are set. Season with Tabasco Sauce and top with green onion, if desired.
- This is one serving. On the Weight Watchers Meal Plan, (2022 Plan), this is 0 Points.
RELATED 20 + Weight Watchers Breakfasts Using Eggs