This quick and easy healthy Orzo Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Capers will be perfect for your weekend cookout this summer. This delicious healthy Weight Watchers friendly side dish tastes even better after the flavors have a chance to mingle, so make it a day or two in advance to take to your next picnic or casual gathering.
You can make this Weight Watchers Orzo Pasta Salad using regular pasta or whole wheat/whole grain pasta. But if you do use Whole Wheat Orzo Pasta and you are on the Weight Watchers Purple Plan, one serving is only 1 SP. On the myWW Blue and myWW Green Plans, it is 5 SP per serving.
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING USING THE LINKS BELOW, I WILL RECEIVE A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE FOR RECOMMENDING THE PRODUCT TO YOU. THIS IS ALL AT NO COST TO YOU. THANK YOU IF YOU DO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM AMAZON THAT WAS USED IN MAKING THESE RECIPES.
Walden Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing – 0 SmartPoints on ALL WEIGHT WATCHERS PLANS!
PIN FOR LATER
Healthy Orzo Pasta Salad with Tomatoes & Capers
- 2 Teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Walden Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced fine
- 1 Large Tomato, Seeded & Chopped
- 1½ Cups of Whole Wheat Orzo Pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 T. Capers
- ½ Teaspoon Each of Dried Thyme & Dried Parsley
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil and minced garlic to a skillet set over medium heat. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or just until the garlic starts to develop some color.
- Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or just until tomatoes become soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked orzo, capers, thyme, and parsley with the warm tomato and garlic mixture. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Add in Walden Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing to taste. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Stir well before serving and add more dressing if you need to.
- This makes 4 servings. On the Weight Watchers Blue and Green Plans, it is 5 SmartPoints per serving. On the WW Purple Plan, it is only 1 SmartPoint per serving. Enjoy!
You can easily turn this Weight Watchers side dish into a Weight Watchers lunch or dinner. Simply add in grilled chicken breast, grilled shrimp, canned tuna or salmon – the choices are endless. Adding any of these to the recipe will keep it at only 1 SP if you are following the Purple Weight Watchers Plan.