I am always on the search to find the best ways to make money from home. Sometimes, saving money is simply not enough and an extra income is essential. However, for many families, once you calculate the cost of going back to work versus the expense of daycare, an extra income is redundant. This is why it is important to search out ways to bring in money from home. And yes, it is extremely doable and you are able to stay home with your children and earn an income. I am going to list below the top Mystery Shopping Companies that I use for a profitable side hustle.
PIN FOR LATER ⇓
The Best Mystery Shopping Companies
A Closer Look
A Closer Look is a mystery shopping company that has been around for quite some time. I have done at least 12 mystery shopping jobs for them – if not more. Before starting with A Closer Look, you will be required to fill out an application and a small test as well. Do not get test jitters – just follow the directions they lay out for you. Basically, A Closer Look wants to make sure you can take direction and give back what they are asking of you. Once A Closer Look accepts you, you log onto their site once a month and see what shop jobs are available for you. You will be paid the month following your report. You can sign up with A Closer Look here.
Intelli-Shop is another top mystery shopping company, so definitely sign up with them. You can sign up with Intelli-Shop here. I think if you going to venture into the mystery shopping world, sign up with Intelli-Shop first. Their website is extremely helpful about how mystery shopping works and will get you off on the right foot.
BestMark is another company to sign up with as well. I have done quite a few jobs for BestMark in the past. One thing I can say in advance is that your report must be full of details. If you are a person that likes writing and can question people on the sly, then this is a gig for you. Also, as with all these mystery shopping companies, never undertake a job that you know you cannot fully commit to. If you start a job and not complete it or complete it late, you will most likely not get many offers in the future. You can sign up for BestMark here.
Market Force is one company that you will like working with as well. You can sign up for Market Force here. Market Force has a handy App that you can use to see what shop jobs can be done in your area, which is convenient. So, if you just got done shopping and want to get paid for your next shopping excursion, sign up with Market Force too.
One last company that I have experience with as well is RMS. I did a post about them as well as other money earning opportunities you can do through RMS as well here.
Listed below I am going to tell you the do’s and don’ts where side hustling in mystery shopping is concerned.
What to Do To Make the Most $ Mystery Shopping
1. Make sure you only accept jobs you are willing to complete. You don’t want to accept a job and not follow through.
2. Complete your shopping report on time and use good grammar and use spell check.
3. Keep all receipts of items you purchase during the shop job.
4. Read all job instructions a couple times before doing the job. You do not want to forget to do something or ask a question and have to forfeit the job and waste your time.
5. Keep a log of all the jobs you do for the month as well as copies of submitted reports. Doing this will let you be better able to track if your payment is sent.
What Not to Do When Mystery Shopping as a Side Hustle
1. Never pay for a list of Mystery Shopping companies to join or pay to join a company that promises lots of shop jobs.
2. Make sure you do not go over your the allotted amount of purchase. For instance, if the company says you will be reimbursed up to $25.00 for purchasing something, don’t pay $30.00. You will not be eligible to receive the extra $5.
3. Try not to go to the shop job 5 minutes before closing (unless it specifically says to do so on the job requirement). It will not be a fair assessment of the company if a few angry workers are keeping the shop open for you. Also, if you feel negativity due to this, it may show in your report too.
4. Don’t accept a job that is hard for you to get to or out of the way. It will not be worth it in the long run since you will be using extra gas money as well as wasting your time.
5. Don’t forget to get names of people you speak too, especially if you are doing a mystery shopping phone job.
These are my favorite side hustle worthy mystery shopping companies to work for as well as my best tips. Now when you get the urge to shop, get paid for doing it as well!