Today, I thought I’d share my recipe for Balsamic & Feta Green Bean Salad with you all. It is a great light dinner salad as well as excellent as a side dish at your holiday table. The recipe is at the bottom of this post and is printable because I know you’ll want to save this one.
2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves minced (I use jarred minced garlic)
1/4 cup olive oil or olive oil blend
1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
4 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
Boil the green beans with salt and cook until they are tender but slightly crisp. When finished, run them under cold water and place in a shallow dish.
Saute garlic in hot oil until fragrant, be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat and add olives, tomatoes, vinegar, pepper and salt to taste. Saute for 3 minutes and pour over green beans while tossing to coat everything.
Chill for 3 hours or overnight. Before serving, sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
This salad is even better the day after.
- 2 lbs of fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1½ teaspoons of salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tablespoon of jarred minced garlic
- ¼ cup of olive oil or olive oil blend
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
- Boil green beans in water with salt. Cook until tender yet slightly crisp.
- Run under cold water to cool and place in shallow dish.
- Saute garlic in hot oil until fragrant, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in olives, tomatoes, vinegar and pepper. Add salt to taste.
- Pour mixture over green beans tossing to coat.
- Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese before serving.