Looking for even more ways to save at the grocery store? I have come upon 3 more ways to get free gift cards & money by shopping at the grocery store. Anything that will help us keep cash in our wallets always sounds good to me. If you have not read my series on the Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Store Coupons, you can read the condensed version here.
3 More Ways to Get Free Gift Cards & Money by Shopping at the Grocery Store
There is a new cash back site that rewards you for scanning your grocery store receipts. This is what you do:
- Go to Fetch Rewards to sign up, right here. BONUS: If you put in this code U6HEG when you sign up, they start you off with 1500 bonus points after scanning your first receipt.
- Scan your grocery store receipt when you come home from shopping at the supermarket, convenience store or club store.
- After doing this, you will be able to earn points for participating brands which includes food and household items. Even for foods including beer, snacks and vegetables. As long as the participating product has been bought, you get points added to your account.
- After you accrue points you will be eligible for gift cards from shops like Target, Amazon, Sephora and tons more.
- The biggest bonus is if you use the referral code U6HEG above, the 1500 points is an automatic $1.50 in your account AND you only need $3.00 to cash out for a gift card.
Punchcard is another app to add to your grocery scanning app library. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for Punchcard here.
- Punchcard is more like a game mixed in with a savings app. You go shopping and save your receipts.
- Once you scan your receipt into the app, you spin the wheel and earn a certain amount of points.
- Over time and if you visit a certain retailer often enough, the retailer will offer you more ways to earn points or rewards.
- You can redeem your points for gift cards, entering contests and even charitable contributions.
I do not know how I missed this app. Apparently it has been around for some time and it is a bit different from the other grocery store cash back apps. Here is how this beauty works:
- Go here to sign up for BerryCart.
- The thing that makes BerryCart different is that this app focuses on healthy foods. So you will not find cash back for Pepsi on this app. Basically, if you primarily shop at stores that carry organic, gluten free, non-GMO foods, Kosher, diary free, Rainforest Alliance Certified, etc. type foods, you will find high amount cash back options on participating brands from BerryCart.
- After you find cash back available for an item you bought, just enter your receipt into the BerryCart app.
- The one HUGE perk about BerryCart is this: after you submit your receipt that shows the item that you bought, you get the cash back within 24 hours sent to your Paypal account! Or even a gift card. How great is that, instant money?
Do you participate in any of these apps? What apps do you use for cash back or gift cards?