How does 8 packs of cream cheese for $0.00 sound? Or 8 packages of Gourmet Fresh Pasta for a total of $1.20? Good, right? You too can get free groceries or almost free groceries when you plan your weekly grocery haul strategically and coupon clip vigorously. We went to Publix this week and was able to save quite a bit of money. Below I will share our $54 Weekly Grocery Haul Meal Plan for the week of November 13. There were a lot of manufacturer’s coupons that matched up with Publix’s coupons for extra savings.
By searching your weekly ads and stocking up when sales are excellent is the best way to keep your grocery budget low. Utilizing manufacturer’s coupons and using printable coupons (especially Coupons.com) will catapult your savings to the next level.
Our $54 Weekly Grocery Haul Meal Plan
(8) Rana Cheese Tortellini/Ravioli – $4.29 -BOGO Deal (Used (8) manufacturer’s coupons valued at $1.00 each and (8) Publix’s coupons valued at $1.00 each) FINAL PRICE: 8 bags of pasta for $1.20!
(2) Celantano Frozen Pasta -$3.83- BOGO Deal (Used $1.00 manufacturer’s coupon)
(4) Reser’s Side Dishes – $3.79 – BOGO Deal (Used (4) manufacturers coupon valued at $1.00 each)
(1) Publix Frozen 100% Beef Hamburgers $7.99/2 lb box
(2) Snyder’s Pretzels – $3.00 each (Used (1) coupon valued at $1.00)
(1) Publix Cottage Cheese with Pineapple – $1.99
(2) Welch’s Grape Jelly – $2.59 – BOGO Deal
(1) Del Monte Mandarin Oranges – $1.91
(4) Ronzoni Pasta – $1.59 – BOGO Deal
(4) Stove Top Dressing 4/$5.00
(2) Pepperidge Farm Potato Rolls – $3.99 – BOGO Deal
(2) Hanover Sweet Potato Cans – $1.50/each
(2) Hot House Cucumbers – $2.50/each
(2) Smithfield Bacon – $8.99 – BOGO Deal
(8) Cream Cheese – $2.99 each – Used (8) Publix coupons to get all 8 FREE!
Below is what our weekly meal plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner will be as well as, my son’s lunches that he takes to school and my husband’s separate breakfasts. All together, it is a total of about 63 meals.
FIRST, LET ME SAY THAT IN ORDER TO KEEP OUR GROCERY BILL SUPER LOW WE DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Shop at different stores. We mainly shop at Publix but also frequent Aldi, Save-A-Lot, Winn-Dixie or Walmart when meat sales are good.
2. Our son is also a picky eater and does not eat the same meals as us different times during the week.
3. We stock up on beverages, snacks, staples etc. when we have extra money available or especially when there is not a great sale on meat.
4. I do make quite a few items from scratch. Especially snacks for my son’s lunch, bread, muffins, soups, sauces, etc.
5. We do not include non-edible items in our grocery bill. When I do our weekly meal plan and grocery list, I do not include trash bags, dish soap or laundry detergent etc. on our list.
$54 Weekly Grocery Haul Meal Plan
BREAKFASTS FOR MY SON AND ME:
Monday: Glazed Donut Muffins
Tuesday: Yogurt Parfait
Thursday: Toasted Bagel
Friday: Scrambled Egg and Cheese in Tortilla
Sunday: Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
MY HUSBAND’S BREAKFASTS:
Monday: Glazed Donut Muffins (recipe link above)
Thursday: Toasted Bagel
Friday: Hard Boiled Eggs
Sunday: Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls (recipe link above)
LUNCHES FOR MY HUSBAND AND ME:
Monday: Peanut Butter/Jelly on Pullman Bread
Tuesday: Tuna Salad on Toast, Cottage Cheese with Mandarin Oranges
Wednesday: Tortellini Pasta Salad
Thursday: White Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (using Mozzarella from this haul)
Friday: Canned Soup w/Pullman Bread
Saturday: Egg Salad on Toast, Chips
My son’s school lunches presently consist of a bologna, turkey or peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Then he takes an applesauce or yogurt, chips, pretzels or homemade muffin/bread and (2) juice boxes.
Monday: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread (Frozen)
Tuesday: Chicken Stuffing Bake
Wednesday: Breakfast for Dinner
Thursday: Marinara and Cheddar Meatloaf, Tortellini on Side
Friday: Wawa Hoagies (purchased with gift card from last Christmas)
Saturday: Turkey Meatball Sandwiches
Sunday: Homemade Pizza with Onions/Mushrooms, Cucumber Salad
If you would like to see some of our grocery store hauls from the last couple of weeks, here they are:
Also, make certain that the weeks when grocery sales and coupons aren’t great, use your grocery money to stock up on staples and meats that are on sale. There have been weeks in the past where I have bought nothing but meat. I was able to do that since I had a stockpile.
This is the time to utilize all the ways I outlined here to get coupons to save more money on your weekly grocery hauls.
What are you guys eating this week? Show us your Weekly Grocery Haul Meal Plan for this week.