This post contains affiliate links.
Who says healthy food can’t be fantastically delicious? Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this easy, healthy, homemade Strawberry Pretzel Jello Pie for dessert.
Combining the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors, this delicious summer or anytime! dessert is sure to become a crowd-pleaser at your next gathering.
The combination of a pretzel crust, a creamy yogurt-cream cheese topping, and homemade strawberry Jello creates a scrumptious treat that is both easy to prepare and guilt-free.
Let’s dive into the recipe and see how easy it is to make this healthy dessert that will leave you craving for more.
Oh and if you are on Weight Watchers (WW), I will include the WW Points below as well.
PIN FOR LATER
This post includes Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting me by using these links to purchase any products mentioned in the recipes.
Easy Healthy Homemade Strawberry Pretzel Jello Pie for Dessert
Let’s Get Cooking: Here’s What You’ll Need for this Tasty Treat:
Mini Pretzels Provides a satisfying crunch and are lower in fat and calories compared to traditional pie crust options.
Almond Flour A gluten-free alternative rich in protein and healthy fats, offering a nutrient-dense option for the crust.
Swerve Sugar Substitute A zero-calorie sweetener that helps reduce the overall sugar content without compromising on taste.
Light Whipped Butter Light whipped butter is a healthier option as it contains fewer calories and less fat compared to regular butter
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray A low-calorie alternative that adds a buttery taste while reducing the amount of added fat.
Sugar Free Strawberry Jello A guilt-free choice with reduced sugar, offering a fruity and refreshing layer to the pie.
Strawberries (Fresh and Frozen) Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber, both fresh and frozen strawberries contribute to the vibrant flavor and nutritional value of the desser
Lemon Juice Adds a tangy twist and provides a natural source of vitamin C.
Reduced Fat Cream Cheese Contains protein and calcium, and opting for reduced-fat helps to reduce the overall fat content of the dessert.
Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt Provides protein, probiotics, and a creamy element to the recipe, without adding unnecessary fat.
Fat Free Cool Whip Provides protein, probiotics, and a creamy element to the recipe, without adding unnecessary fat.
Printable Healthy homemade strawberry pretzel Jello pie
Easy Healthy Homemade Strawberry Pretzel Jello Pie for Dessert
- 2.5 Cups Mini Salted Pretzels Measure out before crushing
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Swerve Sugar Substitute
- 1/4 Cup Light Whipped Butter, Melted
- 1/4 Cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray Open cap and measure
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Frozen Strawberries, Defrosted
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup Swerve Sugar Substitute
- 1 Box of Strawberry Sugar Free Jello 0.6 Ounce Box
- 1 Pint Fresh Strawberries Hulled and Sliced
- 4 Ounces Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Fage Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Swerve Sugar Substitute
- 8 Ounces Frozen Fat Free Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove frozen Cool Whip from the freezer and set aside.
- In a food processor, add pretzels, flour and 3 Tablespoons of Swerve. Pulse until pretzels are crushed - about 10 seconds. Now add in the light whipped melted butter and the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray. Pulse to combine again.
- Transfer pretzel mixture to a 9" Springform Pan and press to combine and evenly distribute. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Let rest for about 5 minutes, then put it into your freezer while your making the rest of the mixtures.
- In a large saucepan, add in the water, frozen strawberries, 1/4 Cup of Swerve, lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes while using a spoon to further break down the strawberries.
- Next press mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Discard leftover strawberries.
- Now stir the Jello into the strawberry mixture. If it gets foamy, push it again through the strainer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt and 1/2 Cup of Swerve Substitute and use a hand mixer to combine. Fold in the Cool Whip
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and spread the cream cheese mixture over the pretzel crust. Distribute the sliced strawberries over the top. Next add the Jello mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly.
- Put Springform Pan back in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If you are following the Weight Watchers (WW) Plan, each thick slice is only 9 Points!
How Do I Store Leftovers (if there are any!)
Got leftovers? Store ’em right! Cover the dish with plastic wrap or transfer individual servings to airtight containers. Refrigerate for 2-3 days. When you’re ready to indulge, let them come to a cool room temperature and enjoy this dessert chilled for maximum deliciousness.
Optional: Variations and Substitutions
Hey, let’s get creative and make this recipe your own! Here are some ideas for variations and substitutions that’ll cater to your specific dietary needs or preferences:
- Gluten-free goodness: If you’re going gluten-free, swap those mini pretzels for gluten-free pretzels or try using gluten-free graham crackers as an alternative crust.
- Vegan vibes: If you’re one of the vegans out there, why not mix things up? Simply swap out the reduced-fat cream cheese with a vegan cream cheese alternative. In addition, trade the butter for a plant-based spread, and opt for a dairy-free whipped topping or get creative by whipping up some homemade coconut whipped cream in place of the fat-free cool whip.
- Lower on the sugar scale: If you’re watching your sugar intake, go for a natural sweetener like stevia or monk fruit in place of Swerve sugar substitute. And opt for sugar-free Jello that doesn’t come with added sugars.
- Fruit frenzy: Mix it up by experimenting with different fruits like raspberries, blueberries, or a medley of mixed berries. It’s a fantastic way to add some variety and tailor the flavors to your liking.
Let’s Dig In: Get Ready to Indulge
Alright, let’s recap what we’ve got here: an easy, healthy homemade strawberry pretzel Jello pie that’s a total winner. This recipe is all about simplicity and healthiness, combining mini pretzels, almond flour, reduced-fat cream cheese, and fresh strawberries to create a guilt-free dessert.
Trust me, you’ve gotta give this delightful dessert a try! Indulge in this guilt-free treat knowing that it’s got your health in mind. With the blend of sweetness from Swerve sugar substitute and the refreshing kick of strawberries, this easy homemade strawberry pretzel Jello pie is the perfect guilt-free dessert.
And if you are following Weight Watchers (WW), each huge serving is only 9 Points. You’re welcome.