Are you craving an amazing Italian meal that doesn’t take hours to cook? This quick Stove Top Chicken Cacciatore recipe will have dinner on the table in under 1 hour INCLUDING prep time. And if you are following the WW Blue or WW Purple plan this is the perfect 0 SmartPoint dinner. Serve this over zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash and it’s still 0 SmartPoints on WW Blue and Purple. Also, if you are following the myWW Purple plan, serve it over whole grain pasta and it’s STILL 0 SmartPoints. Yum!
PIN FOR LATER
Quick Stove Top Chicken Cacciatore recipe + Weight Watchers Friendly
Need a healthy meal that tastes like you spent the entire day in the kitchen? Try this Italian rustic chicken and vegetable stew and await the compliments. This quick Stove Top Chicken Cacciatore Recipe is the perfect meal anytime of the year and is kid friendly. Tastes even better as leftovers the next day.
RELATED POST: Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes Galore
- 1.5 Pounds of Chicken Cutlets, Sliced into 2" Pieces
- 1 Large Onion, Sliced into Strips
- 1 Each Green & Red Pepper, Sliced into 2" Pieces
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Pound of White Mushrooms, Sliced
- 28 oz Can of Tomato Puree Sweetened with 1-2 Teaspoons of 0 SmartPoint Sugar Substitute
- ½ Teaspoon Each of Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Each of Dried Basil & Parsley
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Chicken Broth, Optional
- Fresh Herbs, Optional
- Spray a large saute pan with Vegetable Cooking Spray and place over medium high heat. Add in onions, peppers and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until slightly softened. You can add in a few tablespoons of chicken broth if vegetables start to stick. Next add in mushrooms and stir to combine all vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomato puree, sugar substitute and all the spices. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken pieces to the saute pan. Brown both sides of the chicken pieces. (About 5 minutes per side). You can add in a few tablespoons of fat free chicken broth to prevent sticking.
- Pour sauce mixture into saute pan. Cover pan and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, garnish with fresh herbs, if using. This makes 4 servings at 0 SmartPoints per serving on the Blue and Purple Plans. On the Green Plan, it is 3 SmartPoints per serving.
RELATED POST: 20+ weight Watchers green plan Chicken Recipes