Hi Guys! I am back again with another $0 Grocery Haul – Eat from the Pantry/Freezer Week post for you. We still are eating the tons of stuff that we stockpiled throughout the last few months. It seems like we have not even made a dent yet – the freezers are still that full!
Since we are now out of bread for sandwiches, I am going to make some white bread using my wonderful Squishy Bread recipe. As far as milk goes, we use this recipe here which will help us use up the ginormous box of dry milk we got earlier this year.
TO KEEP OUR GROCERY BILL SUPER LOW WE DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Shop at different stores. We mainly shop at Publix but also frequent Aldi, Save-A-Lot, Winn-Dixie or Walmart when meat sales are good.
2. Our son is also a picky eater and does not eat the same meals as us different times during the week.
3. We stock up on beverages, snacks, staples etc. when we have extra money available or especially when there is not a great sale on meat.
4. I do make quite a few items from scratch. Especially snacks for my son’s lunch, bread, muffins, soups, sauces, etc.
5. We do not include non-edible items in our grocery bill. When I do our weekly meal plan and grocery list, I do not include trash bags, dish soap or laundry detergent etc. on our list.
Our $0 Grocery Haul – Eat From the Pantry/Freezer Week of December 4
Breakfasts for my son and me this week will be egg & toast sandwiches, cold cereal & frozen waffles. My husband will eat hard boiled eggs, cold cereal and waffles.
My son’s school lunches presently consist of a bologna, turkey or peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Then he takes an applesauce or yogurt, chips, pretzels or homemade muffin/bread and (2) juice boxes. Below are lunches for my husband and me for this week.
Monday: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Pickles
Tuesday: Tuna Macaroni Salad
Wednesday: Peanut Butter & Jelly on Homemade Squishy Bread
Thursday: Tuna Salad on Toast, Chips
Friday: Egg & Cheese Sandwiches, Chips
Saturday: Fried Bologna with Onion on Homemade Kaiser Rolls, Pickles
Sunday: Avgolemeno Soup w/Soft Garlic Breadsticks
Monday: Ravioli with Garlic Bread (Frozen)
Tuesday: Roasted Split Chicken Breasts, Egg Noodles, Peas
Wednesday: Pancakes with Bacon
Thursday: Grilled Chicken Breasts, Orzo w/Butter & Parmesean
Friday: Spaghetti w/Onions & Mushrooms, Garlic Bread
Saturday: Church Dinner
Sunday: Ground Turkey, Onions & Mushrooms with Olives/Cheese Salad
What’s on your meal plan for this week? Have you ever done a no spend grocery week?