We are on our third week of another $0 Grocery Haul – Eat from the Pantry/Freezer Week. Our freezer is going down some, and I want to have it almost bare by the start of the new year. I found food I didn’t even know we had and was pleasantly surprised. Our pantry is still well stocked and I would like to get that whittled down some as well.
I did purchase two loaves of bread and milk from Publix, but it was paid for with gift cards earned through rebates from Publix.
TO KEEP OUR GROCERY BILL SUPER LOW WE DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Shop at different stores. We mainly shop at Publix but also frequent Aldi, Save-A-Lot, Winn-Dixie or Walmart when meat sales are good.
2. Our son is also a picky eater and does not eat the same meals as us different times during the week.
3. We stock up on beverages, snacks, staples etc. when we have extra money available or especially when there is not a great sale on meat.
4. I do make quite a few items from scratch. Especially snacks for my son’s lunch, bread, muffins, soups, sauces, etc.
5. We do not include non-edible items in our grocery bill. When I do our weekly meal plan and grocery list, I do not include trash bags, dish soap or laundry detergent etc. on our list.
Our $0 Grocery Haul – Eat From the Pantry/Freezer Week of December 4
Breakfasts for my son and me this week will be egg & toast sandwiches, pre-made pancakes and oatmeal. My husband will eat hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and waffles.
My son’s school lunches presently consist of a bologna, turkey or peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Then he takes an applesauce or yogurt, chips, pretzels or homemade muffin/bread and (2) juice boxes. Below are lunches for my husband and me for this week.
Monday: Canned Soup with Crackers
Tuesday: Egg Salad on Toast, homemade pickles
Wednesday: Slow Cooker Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Soup
Thursday: Macaroni and Cheese
Saturday: Fried Egg, Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
Sunday: Leftover Soup
Monday: Hot and Spicy Chicken Drumsticks, Frozen Sweet Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce
Tuesday: Ground Beef, Onions, Mushrooms, Pierogies
Wednesday: Ravioli with Garlic Bread
Thursday: Sandra’s Chicken, Rice and Peas
Friday: Baked Spaghetti
Saturday: Salisbury Steak, Oven Roasted Potatoes
Sunday: Breaded Pork Chops, Macaroni and Cheese, Corn
What’s on your meal plan for this week? Have you ever done a no spend grocery week?