If you follow the Weight Watchers myWWBlue or myWWPurple Plan, here is a fantastic 0 SmartPoint egg breakfast to enjoy. This easy healthy breakfast called Egg Shakshuka consists of poached eggs and vegetables simmered in a delicious tomato sauce seasoned with herbs. YUM!
If you follow the myWWGreen Plan, this is only 6 SmartPoints.
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING USING THE LINKS BELOW, I WILL RECEIVE A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE FOR RECOMMENDING THE PRODUCT TO YOU. THIS IS ALL AT NO COST TO YOU. THANK YOU IF YOU DO PURCHASE SOMETHING FROM AMAZON THAT WAS USED IN MAKING THESE RECIPES.
PIN FOR LATER
Weight Watchers 0 SmartPoint Breakfast
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped Fine
- ½ of Red Bell Pepper, Diced & Seeded
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- ½ Teaspoon Each of Dried Cumin & Paprika
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes (8 oz), Crushed by hand
- 3 Large Eggs
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Handful of Fresh Parsley
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- Tabasco Sauce, Optional
- Spray a medium ovenproof pan with cooking spray. Saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic along with the cumin and paprika over medium heat. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for about 3 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Preheat oven to 375. Stir hand crushed tomatoes with juices into skillet. Reduce heat to a low simmer and stir until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens. This takes about 15 minutes.
- Using back of a spoon, make 3 "wells" in the sauce and crack eggs into each well. Using a rubber spatula run edge of spatula through the egg whites to break them slightly to help them set. Do not break the egg yolks though.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for about 5 minutes until eggs are set. Season with Tabasco Sauce.
- This is one serving. On the Weight Watchers Blue and Purple Plans, this is 0 SmartPoints. On the Weight Watchers Green Plan, it is 6 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
RELATED 20 + Weight Watchers Breakfasts Using Eggs
If you want to make this Weight Watchers 0 SmartPoint Breakfast – Egg Shakshuka an even heartier breakfast, serve Joseph’s Flax Oat Bran Pita Bread for dipping into the tomato sauce. One of Joseph’s Flax Pita Bread is only 1 SP on all Weight Watchers Plans.