Earlier this week I did a post outlining my entire first week’s menu on the Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan. I wanted to post this recipe for Bodacious Black Bean Corn Salad & Sweet Lime Dressing. It is 0 points on the Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan and is a perfect fit for the Simply Filling Weight Watchers Plan as well.
This recipe is soooo delicious paired with pork, chicken, fish or on its own for a filling 0 point lunch or dinner. In fact, you can eat the entire bowl without making a dent in your daily points!
Bodacious Black Bean Corn Salad & Sweet Lime Dressing
- Salad Recipe:
- (2) 15 ounce Cans of Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- (1) Bag of Frozen Sweet Corn (defrosted)
- (1) Red Bell Pepper, diced
- (2) Roma or Plum Tomatoes, diced
- (4) Green Onions, snipped or ¼ cup of dried Chives
- Red Onion, optional
- Sweet Lime Dressing Recipe:
- ⅓ to ½ cup of Lime Juice
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon of Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of Dried Cilantro or Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon of Crackled Black Pepper, optional
- ⅛ cup of Splenda or other pourable Sugar Substitute **
- In a large bowl, add all salad ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- **In a separate bowl, whisk together all the Dressing ingredients. Gradually add the ⅛ cup of Splenda to the Dressing ingredients. Add more sugar to suit your taste. Pour over salad mixture and combine well. Chill until ready to serve.
This Bodacious Black Bean Corn Salad & Sweet Lime Dressing will become a side dish favorite! And, even better, it’s healthy too!