I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We sure did and we still have so much turkey leftover that I put into the freezer for future meals. Our turkey was 25 pounds, but the dark to white ratio was not even. I believe since the turkey was so big, there was quite a bit more dark meat than white meat. Since we are not dark meat eaters, our 80 pound German Shepherd will be feasting on that for quite a few meals.
We have 2 refrigerators – one is in our garage along with a stand alone freezer. Both are overflowing with so much that I feel that we need to clear them out before New Year’s. Our pantry is overflowing as well. So, listed below is our whopping $0 Grocery Haul Weekly Meal Plan for the Week of 11/27.
TO KEEP OUR GROCERY BILL SUPER LOW WE DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Shop at different stores. We mainly shop at Publix but also frequent Aldi, Save-A-Lot, Winn-Dixie or Walmart when meat sales are good.
2. Our son is also a picky eater and does not eat the same meals as us different times during the week.
3. We stock up on beverages, snacks, staples etc. when we have extra money available or especially when there is not a great sale on meat.
4. I do make quite a few items from scratch. Especially snacks for my son’s lunch, bread, muffins, soups, sauces, etc.
5. We do not include non-edible items in our grocery bill. When I do our weekly meal plan and grocery list, I do not include trash bags, dish soap or laundry detergent etc. on our list.
Breakfasts for my son and me this week will be oatmeal, cold cereal, smoothies and toast/bagels. My husband will eat hard boiled eggs, smoothies, cold cereal and waffles.
My son’s school lunches presently consist of a bologna, turkey or peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Then he takes an applesauce or yogurt, chips, pretzels or homemade muffin/bread and (2) juice boxes. Below are lunches for my husband and me for this week.
Monday: Tortellini Salad, Soup
Tuesday: Tuna Salad on Homemade Kaiser Rolls, Chips
Wednesday: Fried Egg with Cubed Ham and Cheese on Bagels
Thursday: Impossibly Easy Ranch Chicken Pizza (Using shredded chicken from freezer)
Friday: Chicken Salad Wraps, Chips, Homemade Pickles
Saturday: Fried Bologna with Onion on Homemade Kaiser Rolls, Pickles
Sunday: Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup (Homemade)
Monday: Chicken Marsala over Spaghetti
Tuesday: Turkey Noodle Casserole, Marinated Mushrooms w/Cheese Cubes
Wednesday: Boneless Pork Chops, Pierogies with Onions
Thursday: Breaded Chicken Breasts, Peas, Orzo w/Butter & Parmesean
Friday: Pasta, Bread Machine Italian Bread
Saturday: Dinner Out
Sunday: Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pie, Olives/Cheese Salad
If you would like to see our grocery haul and meal plan from last week, you can find it right here. Also, below are a couple hauls from the last few weeks.
What’s on your meal plan for this week?